How to Submit a Perfect RFQ
A-Laser engineers and RFQ submitters have one major thing in common: wanting to process the quote as quickly as possible! Here are a few tips and tricks to minimize follow ups and speed up your quote.
- Are our files compatible? ♡ Part files should be submitted as .stp or .dxf files.
- The technical drawing with tolerances included should be submitted as a PDF. A-Laser can hold a 0.001” tolerance on most parts and 0.0005” tolerance on specific parts. We cut parts, not corners. The technical drawing will be used by A-Laser’s quality control for the first article inspection or AQL.
- Describe how your team would like material to be sourced. Not providing material? Not a problem…we’re happy to source it! Please note if you have any preferred vendors.
- Will your part require third-party material testing or plating? Totally fine! Just a heads up…this will take a little longer and cost a little more.
- Indicate any company-specific quality or packaging notes. A-Laser is ITAR registered and ISO 9001:2015 certified. We’re able to meet additional PO conditions upon request.
- If able, include the application for these parts. This helps us help you…we might know of alternative and cost-effective solutions. For example, substituting name-brand material for generic brand to reduce costs or opening up tolerances for a shorter lead time!
- Include desired quantity and if you would like to receive all parts at once or receive periodic deliveries of parts.
The A-Laser team is committed to delivering high-quality parts and exceeding expectations. We made this guide to try and make the experience smoother for you. But nobody’s perfect, and it’s okay if your RFQ isn’t either! If you’re worried about any of these details, don’t overthink it. We can work with what we get and supporting you is our number 1 priority!