Laser Specialist/Tool Developer:
Produces laser cut parts by programming, setting up, and operating a LPKF UV and IR Lasers; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; Contract reviews, CAD, and maintaining equipment.
Tool Developer Job Duties:
- Plans laser cutting by studying work orders, prints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Capable of finding and documenting creative solutions for production issues and coming up with new ideas that benefit the company.
- Clear communicator, maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Takes measurements, detects malfunctions, troubleshoots processes, adjusts and reprograms controls, adheres to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Dedicated, self-motivated and achievement oriented.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Tech Savvy, Tooling, Coordination, High Attention to Detail
- 2+ years experience as a CNC machinist (laser operation experience a plus)
- C.A.D. experience
- High attention to detail