For the Alumina Ceramic material, we can currently cut up to 0.010” thickness. The material can usually be sourced in 2×2” or 4×4” square size, but different sizes can be custom ordered if needed.
We can hold as small as +/- 0.001” tolerance on ceramics, but depending on the geometry. At the thicknesses we process the material is brittle and prone to breaking, so there are some considerations for the geometry in terms of spacing between features (or wall thickness when cutting holes in close proximity) to minimize chances of the material breaking on laser. Most projects we have done with ceramics are for masks to be used in a high temperature application requiring contamination free materials. Ceramics are also used as electrical insulators in high temperature conditions.
- Electronics Industry: Alumina ceramic is widely used in the electronics industry due to its excellent electrical insulation properties. It is used in electronic substrates, insulators, and capacitors.
- Aerospace Industry: Alumina ceramic is used in the aerospace industry for its high strength, durability, and resistance to high temperatures. It is used in heat shields, combustion liners, and other high-temperature applications.
- Medical Industry: Alumina ceramic is used in the medical industry due to its biocompatibility, wear resistance, and hardness. It is used in dental implants, artificial joints, and surgical tools.
- Automotive Industry: Alumina ceramic is used in the automotive industry for its high strength, wear resistance, and thermal stability. It is used in spark plug insulators, diesel engine glow plugs, and brake pads.
- Chemical Industry: Alumina ceramic is used in the chemical industry due to its resistance to corrosive chemicals and high temperatures. It is used in catalyst supports, heat exchangers, and reactors.
- Defense Industry: Alumina ceramic is used in the defense industry for its high strength, durability, and resistance to ballistic impacts. It is used in body armor, vehicle armor, and other ballistic protection applications.
Request a Quote to Process Alumina Ceramic
This precision alumina ceramic component below was created using laser processing technology, resulting in tight dimensional tolerances and exceptional accuracy. Overall, alumina ceramic is a versatile material that finds use in a wide range of industries due to its unique combination of properties such as high strength, wear resistance, biocompatibility, and thermal stability.